Wednesday, August 21, 2013

HAPPY MR. MILKMAN

Remember when you were about two or three years old and someone would sit you on their lap and read those picture books to you where everyone lived in a neighborhood like Mr. Rodgers' ? Everybody was always happy and friendly as they went about their day and...."oh look, look! There goes happy Mr. Milkman, delivering bottles of milk to all the people in the neighborhood. Hi happy Mr. Milkman!" That's kinda how I'm feeling these days....people are getting to know me and recognize me as that Traveling Artist that lives in the gypsy caravan. Often times when I'm riding in the morning, heading out for where I make coffee on the beach, people I've met will smile and wave and say "Look!, There's the Traveling Artist!" and wave, and I wave back and say "Good Morning."

Painting at Venice Beach

Then I make my coffee and breakfast and head off to Venice Beach or some other spot and set up and paint for the day. Many times other people I have met will stop and talk. It's almost like being a character in a kid's book. One part Dr. Suess and one part Wind in the Willows. At the end of the day I pedal the caravan to my quiet little place at the lagoon to make dinner.

Settled in for the night

Then when night falls, I cruise over to the spot I sleep at and snuggle up before a cozy fire, (actually it's just a candle in a little glass thing,) and settle in for a peaceful night's sleep in dreamland.

 

3 comments:

  1. I lovelovelove hearing about your days! It sounds so dreamy, yet real. And simple. Nothing unrealistic, just a man working at his craft. Thank you for sharing! You're a wonderful character indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Katie...so glad you are following my odd life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only recently found your blog about your "odd life" (I wouldn't call it odd,I'd called it...simplistically enjoyable :) ),loving it so far! Being a bike-geek,what caught my eye was seeing one of those tiny house pages on FB posting about your wonderful trailer (I don't remember which,I "Like" every one of those I come across,LOL).

    Great read,and awesome trailer!

    (signed Steve,but I also go by The Disabled Cyclist all over too :p )

    ReplyDelete