Friday, August 9, 2013

FURTHER ADVENTURES WITH THE LAPD....

Well, I am getting to know some of the officers with the LAPD just by virtue of the fact that I live in a micro gypsy caravan. Late last night, actually I guess it was technically early this morning, like, 3:15, I was once again suddenly awakened by bright lights flashing through the caravan's windows.

"LAPD! .....How do you open this thing up?" So I rolled up my shade and was greeted by two serious looking police officers.

"Two questions, " said one,...."Did you build this yourself?"

"yes," I replied....I did."

"And you travel up and down the coast and paint?"

"yes I do, " I said. And from there they simply asked a lot of questions about the caravan...I think really they woke me up just because they were curious about it. In the end, they said I was fine where I was and to have a nice night. Amazed again.... Though my beauty sleep, (which I need desperately,) was interrupted, I was glad to have been treated so courteously.

 

Back to painting at last!

In the morning I pedaled off and found a spot to set up and paint...felt really good to get back to the easel after a rather long break from painting. A great day with interesting people coming by to chat all day. A nice woman named Helen stopped and bought a small seascape. Finally I packed up and headed for the shade of the lagoon for dinner.

 


 

1 comment:

  1. "...my beauty sleep, (which I need desperately)..."

    i'll say!!!

    snarky remark of the week,

    eric

    ReplyDelete