Friday, December 20, 2019

THE MISTS of BIG SUR

 
THE MISTS of BIG SUR by Barry Allen Howard
9”x12” oil on canvas. $160

I was standing on the cliff-edge at my trusty, paint-splattered easel.  It was one of those mornings where the fog moves like some living, breathing mist-creature. The winter weather has brought some pretty stunning cloudscapes. I got most of the composition and the lights and darks established before the fog finally made up its mind and obliterated the view entirely. I packed up the easel and drove back to my tiny caravan. Built a cozy fire, made a cup of tea and continued work on the painting for the rest of the day. I always love watching the dance that the coastal mists do along the cliffs. This was really a fun painting to do. 
For inquiries about this painting please email me at barryhowardstudio@yahoo.com or message me on Facebook. 
Thanks for following my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment