Monday, July 29, 2013

THE MICRO GYPSY CARAVAN AT THE BEACH....AT LAST!

After cruising the strand and kind of falling in love with the energy of the beach towns along the strand, I decided to make Venice Beach my home base. So much going on there, a daily artist market, lots of sun, sand and music. I rode my bike back to Lake Elsinore, picked up the micro gypsy caravan and headed back to the coast. Building the micro gypsy wagon and thinking about where I wanted to take it has been a long process but finally, gypsy caravan and myself are cruising that magical 22 mile long strip of bike path known as "the strand".

Yesterday the caravan got it's first road test, as I pulled it from Redondo Beach all the way to Venice Beach. It seems to pull just fine and definitely gets a lot of looks. After spending the evening at the beach, I pedaled off to a spot I had checked out to sleep for the night. Had a wonderful night's sleep, listening to boats go in and out of the harbor entrance and awoke to the barking of seals. Today I am going to park at the beach where I can keep my toes in the sand, and do some organizing, in the caravan, and get ready to start painting again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment