Monday, July 15, 2013

JOURNEY TO THE COAST & POINTS NORTH

MIDNIGHT CRUISE

This morning, at first light, I will climb onto my over-loaded bicycle and pedal out of Lake Elsinore and westward toward the cool breezes of the Pacific Coast. From there I will turn right and head north on Highway One to...I'm not really sure to where, but what the hell, it's the journey not the destination, right? I am taking this trip for many reasons....partly for my mind and body...to get stronger both mentally and physically, and partly because I just need some time to think about the next chapter of my life. What better way to think than to pedal up the coast and watch the scenery go by. Also, I am on a mission to find my next home base. I'm looking for a place with interesting people, beautiful surroundings and a conducive environment to set up shop and studio and build a full size gypsy wagon to live in. I am also on a quest to find the perfect margarita. I am packed up with oil paints and an easel that attaches to my bicycle, and about 20 or so finished paintings to sell along the way. I have clothes, food, camping gear and an open mind. The journey over the mountains will be, i expect, a challenge, as I am not at all in any kind of bicycle touring condition...I figure that will happen along the way. The temps here have been in the 90's and up over a hundred on some days, so I will probably ride in the morning when it's cool enough and find shade and paint and relax during the heat of the day.Once I get to the ocean I will breathe a big sigh of relief as the cool sea air will make the rest of the journey much kinder. I will be writing my blog about the trip, and posting photos and new paintings as they come off the easel, so I invite you to follow along and keep me company. I hope you will. Stay tuned my friends

 

1 comment:

  1. Best of adventures to you! Please let us know when you find a cool place, as I am researching where to settle down, too, and your criteria sounds very similar to mine. I've moved around so much that I'm wanting a permanent base to literally put down roots in, as I'm tired of keeping all my plants in pots! I'm currently leaning more toward the middle Atlantic coast, as I don't think I can afford CA. Very much enjoying your blog, you are inspiring in your choices.

    ReplyDelete