Sunday, December 28, 2014

PAINTING BIG SUR....

I have obviously taken a long break from writing...I have needed time to shift gears into a new lifestyle after selling the micro-gypsy caravan. It has a wonderful new home with two delighful people who love her. She has been spruced up and redecorated to be even more gypsy-like, and is a happy caravan. I cherished every moment I lived in her, knowing it wasn't forever and appreciating it all the more. She is in very good hands.

The redecorated micro-gypsy caravan

In the time since then there have been many changes and events in my life. I've spent most of the time on a beautiful piece of property in Big Sur. I met a wonderful new friend, Annie Mahoney, who passed away shortly after we met. My friend Rose and I took her to the emergency room late one night. She never came back. Annie was one of the most delightful people I have ever met. I knew, from the first day that I had made a friend for life. Her passing was completely unexpected an knocked the wind out of all of us here who loved her.

My studio on the cliffs

Plans for my own life have changed since I've been here. I've wanted nothing so much as to paint the dramatic scenes that are Big Sur...the place that has been more home to me than anywhere. So I have decided to settle in here in this place that keeps pulling me back. I bought a small van, outfitted it for camping and painting and have just gotten my easel and oil paints out again. Through Thanksgiving and Christmas there have been some of the most perfect days here on the cliffs that I've ever seen. Painting here has been pure bliss.

I'm very excited about this next chapter of life. I'm looking forward to seeing what transpires on my easel and also to living in this awesome landscape that lies along coast route one....and I'm happy to get back to writing about the things that inspire me. I hope, dear reader, that you will continue to follow along as I explore with my paintbox, this unique landscape.

New Morning 12x24 oil on canvas

Thank you for being here.

 

3 comments:

  1. It's good to see you back and painting. Nice studio. Better than the view I have when I step out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! N thanks for your inspiration. . A solo traveler I've been.. something so missing in my journey ... I see the beauty always.. but can't feel it inside my ownself... s*cks.. 51 in a mth, feelin beat by life, I hate just existing, a bout of change leaving a bad relationship, a homeless situation was a new first, it's been too long, robbing my dreams
    ... always get a fresh reboot when I read ur blog, artists, you (my walk) can n do survive.. just doin it everyday.. thank you again for sharing your walk...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barry, nice to see you are well.
    I was talking about you just the other day....I will miss the small studio.

    Hope to see you remembered us.

    ReplyDelete