Wednesday, April 9, 2014

MICRO PAINTINGS on Daily Paint Works

The Back Bay © Barry Howard

With this post I am announcing my return to the wonderful daily painting gallery and website, Daily Paint Works. I had an online gallery there last year and ended up closing it down for awhile because I wasn't painting quite daily enough. Lately though, I am cranking out paintings by the bushel....well, maybe not quite by the bushel, but I am painting a lot. I've mostly been doing very small ones, like 6"x6" or so, and painting two or three a day. This has been a really good way for me to explore a lot of different methods and ideas in a short amount of time. I feel that I am growing as a painter as a result, because I don't have a lot of time invested in each one, and it's making my brushwork a bit freer and allowing me to experiment more. At the end of a week of painting, I look over what I've done and see what has worked and what hasn't. It's been like a crash course in a way....anyhow, it feels exhilarating. Please click the Daily Paint Works widget in the right hand corner of the blog and check out my gallery there. Some of them I am putting in the auctions they run, so it's a chance to get some nice artwork at pretty good prices. Thank you for taking the time to look at my work.

BEACH BREAK © Barry Howard

 

1 comment:

  1. You are getting better. Beach Break is completely luminous, transparent and alive .k.

    ReplyDelete