Tuesday, March 5, 2013

WELCOME TO MY WANDERINGS...

Ahh, new beginnings, new wanderings and a new adventure calls for a new blog...first an introduction for my new readers...I am just a guy who has been painting and wandering aimlessly for over 40 years...I have traveled by thumb, by car, and by bicycle...always with my paintbox. I have built and traveled in numerous housebusses, housetrucks, vans and sailboats...I have stopped and settled in at various times, but inevitably, I get restless, start drumming my fingers on the table, and then suddenly I am off by whatever means are available. Most recently I have been travelling in my trusty mini-van, which I have been designing and redesigning during the whole time I've owned it...always working to make it better and more suited to a travelling artist. In the next day or two I will be working my way up the coast of California toward Big Sur....one of my all time favorite places to wander.
LOOKING  DOWN THE COAST ©Barry Howard



 My trusty van is newly redesigned and I have it packed with boxes and bags and bins of oil paintings and a couple of small stained glass panels and a couple of dragonflies with hand-carved maple bodies and stained glass wings, and a french easel, and a pochade box, and lots of brushes and tubes of oil paint. The mini van is one of my smaller conveyances, though not the smallest, and it suits that part of me that loves going small and going simple. I love all things micro...micro-houses, (I've built several), and micro-businesses, and I think I would probably love living in Micronesia...at least for a while...So I have created this new blog to chronicle my current journey and to share it with any and all who would like to follow along...I will post photos of the places I travel, and the paintings I paint. I would love to have you along for the adventure, so please follow along, subscribe so you won't miss any of my ramblings. Thanx for being here.

2 comments:

  1. Got some story telling talent too! I've always been a nomad too, traveling but not "living" in a van. Looking forward to new freedoms and learning how other make it work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanx Debra...how to make it work is an ongoing adventure...thank you for following my journey.

      Delete